Last updated: May 31, 2023
Boston Store Trailhead River Access *Temporarily Closed*
Benches/Seating, Bicycle - Rack, Canoe/Kayak/Small Boat Launch, Food/Drink - Ice Cream, Food/Drink - Snacks, Gifts/Souvenirs/Books, Historical/Interpretive Information/Exhibits, Information, Information - Maps Available, Information - Park Newspaper Available, Information - Ranger/Staff Member Present, Information Kiosk/Bulletin Board, Parking - Auto, Picnic Table, Recycling, Restroom, Restroom - Accessible, Toilet - Flush, Trailhead, Water - Bottle-Filling Station, Water - Drinking/Potable
*The Boston Store Trailhead River Access at mile marker 26.6 is closed for construction of a pedestrian bridge over the Cuyahoga River. The closure will last until late June 2023; this is subject to change.
This site allows access to a section of the Cuyahoga River Water Trail that is suitable for beginners, and near visitor information and food. A path to the river is located along the entrance drive to the Boston Store parking lot. Please drop off your boats and park in the Boston Mill Visitor Center lot or other nearby parking areas.
Things to Know for Paddlers:
- Paved parking lot plus overflow gravel lot, restrooms, picnic tables nearby, drinking water, food, hiking and biking trail, train station
- Dropoff by river’s edge then park at Boston Trailhead.
- Information is at Boston Mill Visitor Center.
- Food is seasonally available at Trail Mix Boston.
- Dropoff/pickup 100 feet from water’s edge
- Shuttle option on Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad during Bike Aboard season. Fee. Board downstream at Brecksville Station (or Rockside Station), and ride to Boston Mill Station. Paddle back to Station Road Bridge Trailhead (or Lock 39 Trailhead).
- Pedal/paddle option. Use the Towpath Trail to bike/run/walk back from Red Lock, Station Road Bridge, or Lock 39 trailhead.
- Class I downstream paddle to Red Lock Trailhead involves no permanent hazards.