|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Cody Goraczkowski, 507-825-5464 Ext. 213
Pipestone National Monument News Release
For Release, 18 November, 2016
Contact: Cody Goraczkowski Phone: 507-825-5464 Ext. 213 Email: e-mail us
National Parks Offer Free Admission for 10 Days in 2017Pipestone, MN: All national parks, including Pipestone National Monument, will waive entrance fees on 10 special days in 2017. The 10 entrance fee-free days for 2017 will be:
· January 16 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
· February 20 – President’s Day
· April 15-16 & 22-23 – National Park Week weekends
· August 25 – National Park Service Birthday
· September 30 – National Public Lands Day
· November 11-12 – Veterans Day Weekend
Every day is a great day, in a national park. Free entrance fee days offer an extra incentive to visit one of these amazing places. The national Park Service just celebrated its 100th birthday and we continue to encourage all Americans to discover the beauty and history that lives in our national parks.
A national park may be closer to home than you think. National Park Service sites are located in every state and in many major cities, including New York City which is home to ten national parks. They are places of recreation and inspiration and they are also powerful economic engines for local communities. Now is the time to start thinking about how you will make the most of these free days.
The National Park Service, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, and the U.S. Forest Service also participate in the America the Beautiful National Parks Pass and Federal Recreational Lands Pass programs. These passes provide access to more than 2,000 national parks, forests, wildlife refuges, grasslands, and other federal lands.
Four passes are available at Pipestone National Monument:
· free annual pass to current military members and their dependents
· free lifetime pass for people with permanent disabilities
· $10 lifetime senior pass for those aged 62 and over
· $80 annual pass for the general public.
www.nps.gov, on Facebook www.facebook.com/