Park rangers at Pipestone are happy to accommodate school groups of all ages and may be able to provide interpretive programs to supplement your group's visit.
We ask that teachers call in advance to schedule a visit and provide the following information:
- Date and time of visit
- Contact person's name, number, and email
- School's name and location
- Number of students and chaperones in the group
- Grade/age level of the students
- A general idea of what your group would like to do on their visit
- Elementary School 1:5
- Middle School 1:8
- High School 1:12
- College 1:20
Opportunities to consider at Pipestone National Monument include the Three Maidens picnic area, the Visitor Center, the 22-minute film "Pipestone: An Unbroken Legacy," the 3/4-mile Circle Trail, and Junior Ranger Program.
To budget your group's time, allow 30-60 minutes for the visitor center, 30 minutes for the film, and 45 minutes to 1.5 hours for the trail.