Special Use Permits (SUP)

General Special Use Permit Application

Special Use Permit Application-Short Form

Vehicle/Watercraft Use Permit

SUP Compliance Checklist

Additional Information - General SUP
Additional Information - Weddings

Certain types of activities require a special use permit. These include many types of organized gatherings, distribution of printed material and other public expressions of opinion, and other activities that are controlled or prohibited. See the following definitions and examples to determine if your use might be included:

A special park use is defined as a short-term activity that takes place in a park area, and that:

1. provides a benefit to an individual, group or organization rather than the public at large;

2. requires written authorization and some degree of management control from the National Park Service (NPS) in order to protect park resources and the public interest;

3. is not prohibited by law or regulation;

4. is not initiated, sponsored, or conducted by the NPS; and is not managed under a concession contract, a recreation activity for which the NPS charges a fee, or a lease.

Examples include: weddings, other ceremonies, or public assemblies, etc. Examples of a First-Amendment Activity include: a church service, political event, or Freedom-of-Speech act.

Commercial Film/Photography Permits

Commercial Film/Photography Application - Short Form
Commercial Film/Photography Application - Long Form
Additional Information - Film

Filming, photography and sound recording permits are considered in the order they are received. All applications must be completed in detail and returned with a $100.00 for the non-refundable application fee. Incomplete applications or applications returned without the application fee will not be considered.

The National Park Service has implemented the following location fee schedule that will be in effect for permits issued.

Location Fee Schedule
National Park Service

Motion Pictures/Videos

Commercial Still Photography

1 - 10 people


1 - 10 people


11 - 30 people


11 - 30 people


31 - 49 people


Over 30 people


Over 50 people


Commercial videographers, cinematographers or sound recording crews of up to two people with only minimal equipment (i.e. a camera and a tripod) working in areas open to the public are required to obtain a commercial filming permit and are subject to appropriate permit terms and conditions and cost recovery charges but are not subject to location fees.

For more information regarding Special Use Permits or to determine if your activity requires one, please call 479-451-8122 x 221 or email the park with the subject line "Attn: Special Use Permits."

Applications for permits should be submitted well in advance, preferably 2-3 weeks before event, for consideration and processing.

Last updated: April 10, 2015

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

15930 E Hwy 62
Garfield, AR 72732


(479) 451-8122

Contact Us