The congressional legislation authorizing the establishment of Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park also provided for the establishment of a Federal Advisory Commission, composed of persons nominated by the Governor of New Jersey, the Passaic County Board and the City of Paterson. The Commission is charged with advising the National Park Service and other key agencies in creating the park's General Management Plan.
Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park's Federal Advisory Commission members include:
- Dr. Leslie Agard Jones, former William Paterson University dean of education
- T.J. Best, Freeholder, County of Passaic, New Jersey
- Susan Cole, president of Montclair State University
- Robert Guarasci, executive director, New Jersey Community Development Corp.
- Jeffery Jones, Mayor of Paterson, New Jersey
- Lawrence F. Kramer, former mayor and lifelong resident of Paterson
- James Pepper, former National Park Service official
- Thomas Rooney, former Paterson mayor and councilman
- Leonard Zax, president of the Hamilton Partnership for Paterson
Meetings are open to the public and will be held at the Paterson Museum, located at 2 Market Street (intersection of Market and Spruce Street) in Paterson, N.J.
2014 Federal Advisory Commission Meetings:
April 10, 6:00pm – 9:00 pm Montclair State University Dickson Hall - Cohen Lounge
July 10, 2:00pm – 5:00 pm Paterson Museum 2 Market Street Paterson, NJ
October 9, 2:00pm – 5:00 pm Paterson Museum 2 Market Street Paterson, NJ
Click here for information on how to provide comments for Commission meetings.