The congressional legislation authorizing the establishment of Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park also provided for the establishment of a Federal Advisory Commission, composed of persons nominated by the Governor of New Jersey, the Passaic County Board and the City of Paterson. The Commission is charged with advising the National Park Service and other key agencies in creating the park's General Management Plan.
Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park's Federal Advisory Commission members include:
- Dr. Leslie Agard Jones, former William Paterson University dean of education
- T.J. Best, Freeholder, County of Passaic, New Jersey
- Susan Cole, president of Montclair State University
- Robert Guarasci, executive director, New Jersey Community Development Corp.
- Lawrence F. Kramer, former Paterson mayor
- John A. Lawrence, former staff director, House of Representatives Committee on Natural Resources
- Thomas Rooney, former Paterson mayor and councilman
- Jose “joey” Torres, former Paterson mayor
Commission meetings will be open to the public and time will be reserved during each meeting for public comment. Oral comments will be summarized for the record. If individuals wish to have their comments recorded verbatim, they must submit them in writing.
Written comments and requests for agenda items may be sent to:
Federal Advisory Commission Chair
Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park
72 McBride Avenue
Paterson, NJ 07501
Before including your address, phone number, email, or other personal identifying information in your comment, you should be aware that your entire comment, including your personal identifying information, may be made publicly available at any time. While you can ask us in your comment to withhold your personal identifying information from public review, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so.