The Ozark National Scenic Riverways enforces all state and federal laws regarding the use of ATVs and Utility Vehicles in the park. These rules are for the protection of the fragile natural resources the park was established to protect. ATVs and UTVs are prohibited in most of the park except on county roads.
- ATVs and UTVs may only be operated by licensed drivers.
- May only operate on county-owned roads with a valid permit.
- ATVs and UTVs are not permitted on any closed road, service road, power line right-of-way, off established county roads, on state highways, on any park-owned roads, or on any campground road.
- ATVs and UTVs are not allowed on any gravel bar, beach or in the river unless at an approved river crossing and then only to cross and continue on.
- No ATV operator is allowed to carry passengers unless the machine has been specifically designed by the manufacterer to carry more than one occupant.
- Every ATV must be equipped with an adequate muffler and an approved spark arrestor, good operating brake system, a slow moving vehicle emblem a safety flag attached to the rear of the vehicle and a lighted headlamp and tail lamp. (note UTVs do not requre the safety flag or triangle.).
- Open container and DWI/DUI enforced.