Doing Business With The Park


A Commercial Use Authorization is required in most cases for anyone doing business within the park. This includes anyone wishing to sell items or food within the park boundary, lead guided fishing expeditions, or similar activities. Some activities may be managed under a Concessions Contract.

If you have questions contact Peggy Tarrence at 573-323-4864 or by e-mail.

For more detailed information, click here.

Solicitation for Concession Contracts Underway at Ozark National Scenic Riverways.

The National Park Service issued a concession prospectus on November 29 for the continuation of thirteen (13) concession contracts for the rental of canoes, kayaks, rafts, and tubes, and providing associated shuttle services within Ozark National Scenic Riverways. To read the entire press release. The response date for submissions is March 1, 2017. The term of each new concession contract will be for ten (10) years. The prospectus is available for review and downloading at: at no charge.
"Men travel far to see a city, but few seem curious about a river. Every rivers has, nevertheless, its individuality, its great silent interest. Every river has, moreover, its influence over the people who pass their lives within sight of its waters". - (H.S. Merriman, The Sowers)

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 490
Van Buren, MO 63965


(573) 323-4236
Park Headquarters main phone line and information.

Contact Us