When a community asks for assistance with a project through our application, the Alaska Rivers, Trails, and Conservation Assistance staff provide free planning expertise tailored to each project. We draw from project successes across the region and nation, and adapt best practices to a community's specific needs.
To provide a few examples, our staff can help project leaders and partners complete projects that:
- Build Healthy Communities Through Parks, Trails and Outdoor Opportunities
- Conserve Natural Lands, Rivers, and Watersheds
- Engage Youth in Outdoor Recreation and Stewardship
- Strengthen the Organizational Capacity of Project Partners
- Enhance NPS and Community Networks
Throughout the project, we can help you:
- Define project vision, goals, and project priorities
- Identify and analyze issues and opportunities
- Design community outreach and participation strategies
- Identify and engage collaboration partners and stakeholders
- Expand local capacity for future projects
- Help identify funding sources
Interested? Apply Today. In order to obtain National Park Service assistance for your community project, please visit our application page for more information.