Ninety Six National Historic Site is not only a significant historical site, but also holds beautiful natural landscapes which are ideal venues for a variety of special activities such as events, wedding ceremonies, and film and photography projects. In order to coordinate special park use events, and ensure the preservation of the park's history and resources for the enjoyment of all visitors, most special events and activities held in the park require a special use permit, issued only after the National Park Service (NPS) determines, from the applicant's information, that the activities involved will not impair park values and resources.

Who needs a Special Use Permit?

A special use permit is required for activities that provide a benefit to an individual, group, or organization rather than the public at large and that require some degree of management from the National Park Service to protect park resources and the public interest. These special use permits must be obtained in advance and may require payment of a fee. Some examples of special events that require permits are:

General Permits

Special events, first amendment activities, and any potential ground-disturbing activities in the park require the issuance of a special use permit. Download and print the Special Use Permit Application.

For more information, please call the Special Use Permit Coordinator at 864-543-4068.

Last updated: April 14, 2015

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

Ninety Six National Historic Site
1103 Hwy 248

Ninety Six, SC 29666


(864) 543-4068

Contact Us