The National Park Service (NPS) is working service-wide with federal, state, and local public health authorities to closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic. Based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and state and local public health authorities, access to Nez Perce National Historical Park is as follows:
- All Park Sites, Picnic Areas and Trails
- Restrooms at Canoe Camp in Orofino, ID
- Restrooms at Heart of the Monster in Kamiah, ID
- Restrooms at Whitebird Battlefield site in Whitebird, ID
- Spalding Visitor Center
- Nez Perce National Historical Park archives research center library. Email requests for materials may be sent to NEPE_Library@nps.gov .
While the listed areas are accessible for visitors to enjoy, a return to full operations will continue to be phased, and services may be limited. When recreating, please follow local area health orders and recreate responsibly by keeping social distance, wearing a face covering when social distance cannot be maintained, avoiding high risk activities, and staying home if you feel sick. The CDC has offered guidance to help people recreating in parks and open spaces prevent the spread of infectious diseases. We will continue to monitor all park functions to ensure that visitors adhere to CDC guidance for mitigating risks associated with the transmission of COVID-19 and take any additional steps necessary to protect public health.