Welcome to the National Mall and Memorial Park's Volunteers-In-Parks (VIP) Program!
The mission of the National Mall and Memorial Parks’ Volunteers-In-Parks (VIP) program is to empower a diverse community of volunteers to contribute their skills and knowledge through rewarding, engaging, and mutually beneficial experiences to help NAMA achieve its mission.
The Volunteer Program at National Mall and Memorial Parks offers great variety through location. Managed by a combination of staff from the National Park Service and the Trust for the National Mall, we have volunteers doing a variety of tasks including staffing visitor information kiosks, providing roving interpretation, staffing the memorials, and general park maintenance as needed. Each site is different, and our volunteers become familiar with the specific histories and themes that each site represents.
• Lockkeeper’s House (c. 1835, moved in 1915 and 2018)
• Washington Monument (1848)
• Ford’s Theatre (1863)
• Lincoln Memorial (1922)
• Thomas Jefferson Memorial (1943)
• Constitution Gardens (1976)
• Vietnam Veterans Memorial (1982)
• Korean War Veterans Memorial (1995)
• Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial (1997)
• World War II Memorial (2004)
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial (2011)
• Dwight D. Eisenhower Memorial (2020)
• World War I Memorial (2021)