- A Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) is a business permit with the National Park Service that authorizes an individual, group, company, or other for-profit entity to conduct commercial activities and provide specific visitor services within a national park area. The National Park Service will only issue CUAs for commercial activities and visitor services that:
- Are determined to be an appropriate use of the National Mall and Memorial Parks;
- Will have minimal impact on National Mall and Memorial Parks’ resources and values; and are consistent with the National Mall and Memorial Parks’ purpose, management plans, policies, and regulations.
- A CUA is required if you, as an individual, organization, or company, provide any goods, activities, services, agreements, or other function for members, clients, or the public that:
- Take place at least in part in the National Mall and Memorial Parks,
- Use park resources, and result in compensation, monetary gain, benefit, or profit.
- Businesses and individuals may not conduct commercial activities in the park without a valid CUA or in a manner inconsistent with the terms of the CUA.
Commercial Use Authorizations
What is a Commercial Use Authorization (CUA)?
How much does a CUA cost?
How do I apply for a CUA?
How long does it take to get a CUA?
Last updated: January 11, 2018