In the event of a severe storm watch within the surrounding
1. Listen to the local radio/TV or NOAA Weather Radio for
2. Plan ahead before the storm arrives.
3. Tie down loose items located outside or move them
4. Open windows slightly, time permitting, on the side away
from the direction of the storm's approach.
5. Check battery-powered equipment and back-up power
6. Fill vehicles with gas.
In the event of a severe storm warning within the surrounding
1. Disconnect electrical equipment and appliances not
required for emergency use.
2. Do not use telephone except for an emergency or abso-
lutely essential business.
3. Store drinking water in clean containers (e.g., jugs,
4. Avoid structures with wide span roofs (e.g., gymnasi-
5. Otherwise, take cover.