Remote Automated Weather Stations
There are two RAWS stations in Mojave National Preserve. To obtain real time data from these stations do the following:
- Open the web form http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/raws1_pl
- Enter MID HILLS or MOJAVE in the name field.
- Click the Submit Query button.
You can download hourly data in one month blocks.
National Weather Service
Mitchell Caverns Natural Preserve, part of Providence Mountains State Recreation Area, is a National Weather Service Cooperative Station. To obtain daily data from this and other nearby NWS stations (e.g. Baker, Mountain Pass, Searchlight, and Needles):
- Open the link http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/stationlocator.html
- Enter station name (e.g. Mitchell Cavern CA) in the search field. Click Search.
- Click on DATA.
- Click on Digital ASCII Files.
- Click on SOD Daily Surface Data.
Mojave National Preserve
The Preserve operates two weather stations. Hourly data are provided here in ASCII format.
Kessler Springs lat 35.29981 long 115.53577 altitude 1494 m (UTM zone11 east 633129 north 3907274).