2015 Spring Hours at Minute Man National Historical Park

Exhibit case and interpretive panels at the North Bridge Visitor Center, Minute Man National Historical Park.
North Bridge Visitor Center Exhibit

National Park Service

Subscribe RSS Icon | What is RSS
News Release Date: February 13, 2015

Contact: Phil Lupsiewicz, 978-318-7833

 Concord, MA.  Are you ready for spring? Get fit by walking the Battle Road Trail?  Getting the story of the British march to Concord April 1775? Minute Man National Historical Park announces it spring season beginning March 3, 2015.  

North Bridge Visitor Center (174 Liberty St. Concord MA.) is located in a brick mansion built in 1911 by descendants of the Buttrick family (Major John Buttrick was the colonial officer who first ordered his militia to fire upon British soldiers.), the North Bridge Visitor Center features a short eight minute video, “Treason or Liberty” about the North Bridge fight, a bookstore and exhibits.

Among the exhibits in the park is a brass cannon, dubbed "The Hancock" in celebration of its storied past. In 1775, this cannon, recently smuggled out of Boston, was one of four brass cannons hidden in Concord and its recovery was one of General Gage's chief motives when he sent British troops to Concord on April 19, 1775. It is one display courtesy of the Bunker Hill Monument Association.

North Bridge Visitor Center also features the musket carried by Captain David Brown who commanded one of Concord's two minute companies and was present at the North Bridge fight. It is on display courtesy of The Museum of the American Revolution, Philadelphia, PA.)  Open March 3 – 31st from 11am-3pm, Tuesday – Saturday.  April 1st – October 31st, 9am – 5pm daily. 

Opening April 1,  Minute Man Visitor Center (250 North Great Road, Lincoln MA. - GPS mapping only) located near the eastern entrance of the park. Here you can see "The Road To Revolution," a multimedia theater program that provides an excellent introduction to the park story every half hour.  The program depicts Paul Revere's Ride and the battles at Lexington Green, North Bridge and along the Battle Road. The visitor center exhibits include a forty-foot mural that portrays the fighting between Colonists and British Regulars. Park Rangers are on duty to answer questions.  Open April 1 through October 31, 9am-5pm daily.  The Road to revolution is every half hour, beginning at 9am – 4:30pm (last show).

For more information on educational offerings, please call 978-318-7832 or visit our web site at www.nps.gov/mima/forteachers/planafieldtrip.htm. For general park information, please call 978-396-6993 or visit our website at www.nps.gov/MIMA.

-end-



Last updated: February 26, 2015

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

North Bridge Visitor Center / Park Head Quarters
174 Liberty St.

Concord, MA 01742

Phone:

(978) 369-6993

Contact Us