Permits & Reservations

photographer and camera

Permits - Do I Need a Permit?

Most visitors do not need a permit. Permits are needed for activities beyond a typical visit to the park by a family or individual. At this park, they usually fall into one of two categories: photography permits and special use permits.

ranger talking to visitors

Reservations - Guided Tours

If your school, travel group, service group or organization is planning on visiting Manzanar NHS we have several options for Ranger-led programs. Please review our guided tours page.



Last updated: October 31, 2022

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

Manzanar National Historic Site
P.O. Box 426
5001 Highway 395

Independence, CA 93526


(760)878-2194 x3310
Need to speak with a ranger? Call this number for general information.

Contact Us