- Ranger-led tours and programs are offered at Manzanar by reservation only.
- Programs, parking, and site entry are free.
- Max group size is 20 people per available ranger. Groups larger than 20 may be split between rangers.
- Tours and talks may be combined upon request, but max tour length is 2 hours. You may explore on your own before and/or after your tour. See our Things to Do page for more information.
- Reservations are subject to ranger availability and not all requests can be accommodated.
- Groups must include one adult for every 15 visitors under 18 years of age.
- All unvaccinated people, including all children 2-12 years of age, must wear face coverings over their nose and mouth.
- As the site film, Remembering Manzanar, is not currently available in the Manzanar Visitor Center, we recommend watching it before your visit.
Reserving a Program
Programs must be requested at least a month in advance. Send all of the following information to the program request email address. Please note a tour is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation form from a ranger.
- Contact Name and Title
- School or Organization Name
- Daytime Phone Number
- Mailing Address
- Email Address
- Mobile Phone Number
- Type of Group or Class
- Number of Students
- Grade or Age of Students
- Number of Adults
- Day of Requested Tour
- Alternate Day of Requested Tour
- Arrival Time
- Tour Time
- Length of Stay
- What will you cover before arrival at Manzanar?
- What would you like the ranger to focus on?
- What special needs/interests does your group have?
Tours and Talks
- Block 14 Tour (Outdoor): learn what daily life was like in Manzanar. Tour includes a visit to two replica barracks, a latrine, a mess hall, and other features of Block 14. Tour usually lasts 60-90 minutes.
- Discussion Option: for those already versed in the framework of the incarceration story, groups can ask to add a discussion option to any tour or talk above. The topic(s) can be chosen based on the group’s interests. The amount of time needed for this additional discussion will depend on the topic and group.
If you have a specific interest, please let us know and will we try to accommodate your group!
If a Tour is Not Available
If we are not able to accommodate your request for a ranger-led program, please know that Manzanar is set up to be self-guided and does not require a guided tour to have an impactful experience. Consider the following options for your visit: