This chamber at the front of the house has views south to the Charles River and west, historically over open space. Originally, the only access to the room was from the center hallway, sharing a landing with the southeast chamber. Sometime after 1840 two doors were cut into the north wall providing access to two small passages connecting to the Gold Ring Room.
The early use of this room is unclear. In the nineteenth century, it was used by boarders and then as a guest room. As furnished today, it reflects its use as Alice Longfellow's adult bedroom.