There is much to see and do in the area. Beach activities from kite flying and sandcastle building to clam digging and surf perch fishing are favorites, as are charter fishing, trail hiking and wildlife watching. A rich assortment of area museums and interpretive centers await your exploration.
Cannon Beach offers a quaint downtown core devoid of franchise advertising and filled with unique shops and eateries. Seaside offers its rich promenade along the sandy shore where familes ride surreys and children lick ice cream cones.
Astoria is rich with turn-of-the-century architecture, her preservation inspired by the hard-working Finns whose sweat built her. Very much a working town today, Astoria has much to offer visitors seeking a glimpse into the past with the comforts of the present. Historic Flavel House and the Columbia River Maritime Museum attract seamen and landlubbers as they weave the tale of ships and sailors over the past century. Explore the piers and downtown areas and don't miss a ride on the historic trolley.
The Long Beach Peninsula's 28-miles of driveable beach attracts history-followers, nature lovers, and parents waxing for the beach experience of their childhoods. Known as the 'Cape Cod of the West', the Peninsula's spirit conjures warm memories of family time spent at a different pace. Don't miss the World Kite Museum, Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center, two lighthouses and 'Jake the Alligator Man' at Marsh's Free Museum.
- Astoria Column 6 mi (Astoria, OR)
- Cape Disappointment State Park 20 mi (Ilwaco, WA)
- Columbia River Maritime Museum 503-325-2323 6 mi (Astoria, OR)
- Flavel House Museum 5 mi (Astoria, OR)
- Fort Stevens State Park 503-861-1671 6mi (Hammond, OR)
- Fort Columbia State Park 15 mi (Chinook, WA)
- Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center at Cape Disappointment State Park 20 mi (Ilwaco, WA)
- Willapa National Wildlife Refuge 35 mi (Ilwaco, WA)
- World Kite Museum 20 mi (Long Beach, WA)
Local Partners & Information Resources
- Park Shuttle
- Education Programs at Fort Clatsop
- Oregon Department of Transportation's Trip Check for Highway Conditions
- Washington Department of Transportation State-wide Traveler Information
Area Visitors Bureaus & Chambers of Commerce