Traveling trunks focused on the Lewis and Clark Expedition are available for loan from Lewis and Clark National Park Association. These traveling trunks serve as mini-museums, helping to bring history to life in your classroom.
The Traveling Trunks can be set up as
Each trunk contains a variety of "hands-on" objects, books, videos and a resource guide.
- Rental period includes appx. 25 teaching days (not including weekends) and shipping time to your school. Actual teaching time varies by distance from park.
- The trunk can be picked up at the park or the park will ship the trunk to your school via UPS.
- You should ship the trunk back to the park on or before the last date indicated on the chart below.
- Choose at least three dates from the list provided below.
- First-Come, First-Served, so don't delay.
- Do not send payment until you have a confirmed reservation.
- Mail or e-mail reservations must be received at least four (4) weeks prior to your requested date(s).
- To make a reservation, please complete a reservation form and mail or e-mail the completed form.
Lewis & Clark National Historical Park
Attn: Traveling Trunk Coordinator
92343 Fort Clatsop Rd Astoria, OR 97103
or e-mail our Traveling Trunk Coordinator
Please allow a minimum of two weeks to process your request. If you do not receive a confirmation letter within two weeks after your initial request, please contact the park to make sure your reservation request was received. You will receive a date assignment and payment information through e-mail. Please be send your payment no less than 14 days prior to your scheduled ship date in order to keep your reservation. If the park does not receive your payment or an invoice within two weeks, your reservation may be canceled and given to the next school on the waiting list.
|Use & Shipping one way||Use & Shipping both ways||State|
|$40||$70||WA, OR, ID|
|$45||$90||NV, CA, MT, CO, WY, UT, AZ|
|$55||$110||ND, SD, NE, NM, KS|
|$60||$120||MN, WI, MI, IA, IL, MO, TX, AR, OK, LA, MS, AL, FL, GA, SC, NC, TN, VA, WV, IN, OH, PA, DC, MA, DE NY, NJ, CT, RI, VT, NH, ME, KY|
|Actual Cost||Actual Cost||AK, HI, US Territories|
2021-2022 School Year
|Ship Out||Ship Back|
|Sept. 2, 2021||Oct. 15, 2021|
|Nov. 3, 2021||Dec. 17, 2021|
|Jan. 3, 2022||Feb. 11, 2022|
|Feb. 24, 2022||Apr. 1, 2022|
|Apr. 21, 2022||May 27, 2022|
- The first date listed is the date the trunk is shipped to you--not the date the trunk arrives at your school.
- The last date is the date you ship the trunk back to the park at your expense or by prepaid return shipping.
Last updated: November 22, 2021