Special Event Permits

Applying for a Permit

What events do I need a permit for?

Permits are required for large gatherings, including, but not limited to:

  • Fishing tournaments
  • Weddings
  • Family reunions of 25 individuals or more
  • Picnics of 25 individuals or more
  • Sporting Events

How do I apply for a permit?

  1. New applicants must download 10-930 Special Use Permit, Long Form (PDF 640 KB) and fill out completely. If you have had an approved permit before, use 10-930s Special Use Permit, Short Form (PDF 640 KB).

  2. Email the completed application at least 30 days in advance of your requested dates. 

  3. Pay the $45.00 non-refundable application fee at pay.gov. The application fee must be submitted with your application—this is a non-refundable processing fee. Checks are not accepted.

  4. The application will be evaluated by the park. If approved, a permit will be issued.

  5. If approved by the park, a permit containing applicable terms and conditions will be sent you. The permit must be signed by the responsible person and returned to the park for final approval by the Park Superintendent. A fully executed permit containing both signatures is required before the permitted activity may begin.
  6. After your permitted activity, the permits office will send information on paying the remaining costs, if applicable. The exact hourly fee is based on the specific employee’s salary (approximately $50/hour) and may be charged if any of the following activities are required for your permit:

    1. Monitoring: activities authorized by permit may require continuous, on-site supervision by the NPS to assure full compliance with all conditions of the permit. Monitoring will be charged at the billing rate of each individual monitor per hour/per monitor with a minimum of two hours per monitor/per day. The level and type of monitoring supervision will be determined by the scope and complexity of the filming activity. Generally, one monitor is required for every 8 people involved with the project.

    2. Interviews: All interviews and filming or photographing of NPS staff members will be assessed at the specific employee’s hourly rate.

    3. Scouting: If a permittee requests a scouting trip with or by the Special Park Uses Coordinator, staff time will be assessed.

    4. Extended administrative time: Any activity that is particularly complex is subject to the hourly fee. This rate does not preclude any of the other fees and is applied per hour/per staff member.

Please note:

If there is no contact from an applicant for 30 days after the application is submitted, the file will be closed. Any future contact with that applicant will require initiating the process from the beginning.

All costs of evaluating the request will be billed to the applicant, whether a permit is issued or not. In compliance with the requirements of the Debt Collection Improvement Act of 1996, the applicant must submit their social security number or Federal tax ID number when filling out the application for permit. Application will not be processed if submitted incomplete or are received without payment.


What other requirements are there?

Certificate of General Liability Insurance in the amount of $1,000,000.00 listing the United States of America as additional insured may be required. The insurance must be negotiable in US funds.

Last updated: June 29, 2023

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area
1008 Crest Drive

Coulee Dam, WA 99116


Please leave a detailed message if no one answers your call. Our rangers are often out talking to visitors.

Contact Us