The park's regular operating hours are 10:00am to 5:00pm daily from September through May. We operate under extended hours Memorial Day to Labor Day each summer.
Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Gold panning demonstrations at 10:00am & 3:00pm
- Rotating park films, every half hour
- Junior Ranger programs – self guided experiences for kids aged 4-16
- Every Kid in a Park passes for fourth graders
- Trail to Treasure self-guided walking tour
Special Summer Programs
- Trail to Treasure guided walking tours, presented with the Alliance for Pioneer Square. A 60-minute guided tour of Pioneer Square.
2:00pm each Friday, Saturday, and Sunday through September 2nd.
- New! Never Below the Red Line. Our newest walking tour in its pilot season. First and third Sunday mornings June through August. This is a pilot program. Availability may depend on staffing and interest.
- Tales from the Klondike. Bring your lunch every 2nd and 4th Friday of the month at 12:15pm and join "Klondike" Chris Gibbs as he reads selections from "mostly true" stories and anecdotes about the Klondike Gold Rush. ILLUSTRATED! Best for folks 8 to 80+.
- Trails & Rails. Join our guides on board the Coast Starlight (to/from Portland, OR each day) or the Empire Builder (to/from Wenatchee, WA) as they retell stories of the people, places, and events that shaped our Pacific Northwest!