Youth Conservation Corps (YCC)
Summer 2018 EmploymentWe are looking for YCC crew members to work with us this summer. This position is a seven-week program with the George Washington Memorial Parkway which includes many park sites in Virginia along the Potomac River. Five YCC positions will be filled with the park. These individuals will work as a team to help make the park a safer and more beautiful place. Duties include removing fallen debris from trails, cutting back overgrown vegetation using hand tools, identifying and removing non-native invasive plants, replacing deck boards on wooden foot bridges and trash removal.
Hourly Rate: $7.25/hr, 40 hours per week
Time and Location:
Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
In order to be a YCC Member you must:
- Be 15 to 18 years old. If you turn 19 before August 10, 2018 you are not eligible.
- Be a permanent resident of the United States and have a social security number.
- Be able to report to work at the Arlington Cemetery on time during workdays for the duration of the program.
- Be available for work from June 25, 2017 through Aug. 10, 2018 from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm Mondays through Fridays. This position is not appropriate for anyone who has prior commitments during these dates.
- Be willing to do manual labor outdoors.
- Have a positive attitude and good work ethic.
|April 30||Last day to submit application|
|April 25 - May 3||Phone interviews held with applicants|
|May 4||Position selections are made|
|June 23||Orientation held at Rock Creek Park|
|June 25||First day of program|
|August 10||Last day of program|
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, you must complete and submit an YCC application. Applications must be received by April 30. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
Applications may be e-mailed to the YCC coordinator at or mailed to:
700 George Washington Memorial Parkway,
McLean, VA 22101.
Read more about the the YCC program here.