Special Use Permits

Special Use Permits are required for conducting nontraditional or unusual activities in the park, such as weddings, first amendment gatherings, or special events. Allow at least 30 days for processing once the Special Use Permit Application [120KB] has been received.

Applications can be mailed or emailed. If emailing an application, a signature on the document will be required on arrival. Upon receiving your application the park will bill you, to your email address, an administrative fee of $75 to help cover the costs, in payroll hours, of reviewing the request. This fee is not refundable, regardless of whether the application is approved and a permit issued.

Other fees may or may not include charges for NPS personnel to monitor the event, a bond to cover potential damage to park resources, and proof of liability insurance, among others.

Mail applications to:

Special Uses Coordinator
Great Basin National Park
100 Great Basin National Park
Baker, NV 89311

Questions can be directed to the Special Uses Coordinator by email or by phone at (775) 234-7511.

Last updated: November 22, 2023

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

100 Great Basin National Park
Baker, NV 89311


Available 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day

Contact Us