Gloria Dei Church is an affiliated site of Independence National Historical Park and is an active church. It was designated as a National Historical Site in 1942, six years before Independence Hall.
The Gloria Dei congregation owns and maintains the church and the related buildings, its ministry and the grounds.
The National Park Service has provided the church with additional land to create an appropriate setting against the encroaching urban environment.
Last updated: February 26, 2015