In 1950, Dwight and Mamie Eisenhower bought a 189 acre farm adjoining the Gettysburg Battlefield. During his first term as President, the Eisenhower's renovated their Gettysburg home. Much of the original house was not sound and had to be torn down. The construction was complete by March of 1955 and the they began to visit on weekends and holidays. This approximately 5,000 square foot, modified Georgian farmhouse is the only home that Dwight and Mamie Eisenhower ever owned together.
Learn more about Eisenhower National Historic Site here.
Last updated: January 12, 2021