Sandy Hook Unit Permits

Sandy Hook Unit

Permits and Reservations

Why Do I Need A Permit?

All National Park Service units require permits for certain activities in order to monitor and regulate the use of the park while conserving the scenery, natural and historic objects. By signing, the permittee agrees to the terms and conditions and establishes a written record. Gateway accommodates requests for permits when possible. However, primary consideration of all park use is given to preservation of its resources and to normal public use.

Sandy Hook Permits:

Permits are available for the following activities:

Fishing Access: Fishing Access permits are available On-Line ONLY through The purchase period for Fishing Access permits is ONLY from March 1, 2024 through April 30, 2024. The Fishing Access permit allows the permit holder to access the park after hours specifically to fish. For more information on Fishing Access permits visit our 2024 permit page.

Photography and Filming: Email us

Special Events: Special events include activities such as Walks, Runs and other events. Weekend events for the 2024 season are currently booked and at capacity. For questions concerning a 2025 event, please email us.

After Hours Access:

-Permits that provide After Hours Year-long access are no longer available.

-Permits that provide After Hours access for one session from 9pm-6am are suspended for 2024.


Permits that provide for ceremonies are suspended for 2024.

Sandy Hook Chapel Short Term Lease:

The Sandy Hook Chapel is currently booked for the 2024 season.

Reservations for 2025 are not being accepted at this time.

Last updated: March 18, 2024

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

210 New York Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10305


718 354-4606

Contact Us