After checking if your prospective activity meets the general guidelines, avoid scheduling conflicts by considering the following:
- Permits are granted on a first come, first-served basis. An application with the $100 application fee must be submitted to reserve a date.
- Permits are not granted on Memorial Day weekend, Get Outdoors Day, WWII Encampment, and Campfire and Candlelights. There are also special use permits issued on an annual basis, e.g., Independence Day, Father-Daughter Dance, Sweet Heart Dance, and other activities attended by the public. Please inquire about your date before submitting a permit
Park staff are required to evaluate thoroughly in the context of guidelines, policy, and regulations - including Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) -- each request to conduct a special event.
- Until your event has been pre-approved by the Special Park Use Department, event organizers can not announce, advertise or promote an event. All media releases & promotional material must be pre-approved prior to release.
- No event will receive pre-approval before Fort Vancouver National Historic Site staff has completed a full assessment of the proposed activity.
- No event will receive pre-approval from the National Park Service that includes use of areas managed by the City of Vancouver or other entities until coordination and pre-appoval has been granted by all agencies.
- All applications are reviewed and evaluated by park officials on a case-by-case basis.
- Please review the areas approved for permitted events on the Permits & Reservations page.
A $100 application processing fee is required to submit an application. This fee is non-refundable and must be paid by credit or debit card, Cashiers checks, or Money Orders made payable to National Park Service (personal checks are not accepted.) Payment of the Application Fee does not guarantee that the National Park Service will issue a permit. Complex applications and proposed activities may require extensive review; additional permit fees may apply.
Email: Office of Special Park Uses
1115 E 5th Street, Vancouver WA 98661