Does Your Visit Qualify For An Educational Fee Waiver?
National Park Service regulations allow school groups and other bona fide national and international academic institutions to obtain a waiver for park entrance fees, provided that the visit is for educational or scientific purposes.
Academic Fee Waivers are not granted automatically.
To be eligible for an Academic Fee Waiver your group must meet the following criteria:
- Provide proof that your group is part of a bona fide academic institution by submitting one of the following:
- A statement confirming educational or scientific tax-exemption from the IRS or the applicant's national, state, or local tax authority; or
- A statement of accreditation, or recognition as an academic institution, from a recognized national, regional, state, or local authority at the applicant's location.
- Provide a description of the specific curriculum for which your visit supports. Academic credit must be offered for said curriculum.
- Provide a written statement identifying the park resources that are relevant to the educational purpose of your visit.
- You must contact us to schedule your visit at least one month prior to your requested date. Please note that due to the large number of school groups that visit, it is in your best interest to contact us as soon as possible. Available dates fill up quickly.
- Fee waivers will not be granted for unscheduled groups.
- Once you receive your fee waiver application, please fill it out and return it via email. Please note that we cannot accept faxed fee waivers. e-mail us.
- Approximately 50 students will be allowed inside Fort Pulaski at one time. Groups with larger numbers will be required to split to maintain the maximum number allowed inside Fort Pulaski.
- Entrance fees for chaperones are covered at a ratio of 1 adult per 5 students K-8th grade, and 1 adult per 10 students in 9th grade and above.
- Due to tight scheduling and limitations on number of students inside the fort, it is important that your group arrive on time. Please call if you are running late. If your group is late, we may not be able to accommodate you.
Fee Waivers from other National Parks are not accepted. You must have a Fort Pulaski specific Fee Waiver.
- Academic fee waivers cannot be granted for hardship factors.
- Service, civic and fraternal organizations, such as Scouts, Rotary, and Elks, do not qualify for an academic fee waiver unless the group meets the criteria outlined above.
Due to safety concerns, groups from high school level and below will not be allowed on the top of the fort without a park ranger.
Please note: If students are observed by staff to be unruly or unsafe, the entire group may be asked to leave immediately.
Please contact our Education Coordinator to plan your visit: e-mail us