What does the Federal law (PL 105-391, Section 418) require?
- The law requires that CUAs:
- Are accomplished in a manner consistent to the highest practicable degree with the preservation and conservation of park resources and values.
- Are consistent with the purpose for which the Park was established.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable management plans, park policies and regulations.
- Establish conditions for the protection (safety) of visitors and appropriate visitor services.
- Limit the liability of the United States Government.
- Require payment of a reasonable fee for issuance of an authorization and recover associated management and administrative costs.
- Take place at least in part within Fort Pulaski National Monument
- Use park resources, and
- Result in compensation, monetary gain, benefit, or profit.
The CUA must provide commercial liability insurance against claims arising out of or resulting from the acts or omissions of the CUA operator or the CUA operator's employees, agents, or contractors, in carrying out the activities and operations required and/or authorized under the CUA. Fort Pulaski National Monument must receive verification of general liability (and transportation insurance, if applicable) coverage before a CUA can be issued and the coverage must be maintained as current during the term of the authorization.
The park will process the application materials as quickly as possible. Processing time for CUA permits can take four or more weeks depending on the time of year so please plan accordingly. All applications will be processed in the order in which they are received. Please submit all required documents in one application packet. Any incomplete applications will be placed on hold until all required documents are received.
Once an authorization is approved, the business must make arrangements to schedule each visit in advance. Each visit will require the prior payment of associated site visit fees as well as permit conditions that must be signed off on by the responsible party of the business. A list of some possible associated site visit fees is attached. In order for all visitors to have the best experience possible, permit restrictions will be enforced. Businesses and individuals may not conduct commercial activities in the park without a valid CUA or in a manner inconsistent with the terms of the CUA. All CUA management fees stay within Fort Pulaski National Monument and are used to recover day-to-day management and monitoring costs and to fund visitor experience improvement projects.
As new requirements are implemented, notifications will be e-mailed to existing CUA holders. They will also be posted on our website. We appreciate your adherence to and cooperation with all current and upcoming CUA requirements.
Information requests, application packages, and other forms should be submitted to:
Fort Pulaski National Monument
Attn: Commercial Use Authorization Coordinator
PO Box 30757
Savannah, GA 31410