Be Sure to Check the Weather Forecast
Fire Island has a temperate climate. The park's air temperature may be slightly cooler in summer or warmer in winter than on the mainland of Long Island. Layered clothing is always recommended.
Check the predicted weather conditions before coming to Fire Island. Ferry schedules may change and some programs may be canceled or postponed in poor weather conditions.
- Patchogue, New York 11772
- Ocean Beach on Fire Island, NY 11770
- Mastic Beach, New York 11951
- New York State Air Quality Hotline: 800-535-1345
- Marine Forecast, Fire Island Inlet to Moriches Inlet
Atlantic Hurricane Season is June 1 - November 30
Learn more about Fire Island Weather & Climate Change.