Although Ellis Island does not charge an entrance fee, there is a fee for ferry transportation to the island. The National Park Service requires that there be one adult chaperone (age 21 or older) for every 10 students in your group. Chaperones are to remain with their group at ALL TIMES, especially as groups move within the museum.
- In order to verify legitimate school group status and qualify for a group discounted rate, you must fax or e-mail a letter on school letterhead detailing the date and time of the trip and the number of students and adults visiting.
- The discounted rate is only available for purchase through the Statue Cruises sales department. It is only available for purchase online by completing the “Reserve Request Form” online.
- The discounted school rate does not apply to any student beyond senior year of high school or to college students.
- The discounted school rate does not apply in the months of July or August.
- Only the required number of chaperones will qualify for the discount. One adult chaperone (age 21 or older) for every 10 students in your group. All additional adult tickets must be paid at the regular or senior rate.
- Reservation requests may be submitted up to six months in advance. Payment in full by school check or credit card is required two weeks prior to the tour date. Statue Cruises does not accept purchase orders as payment. Reservations may be cancelled if payment is not received two weeks prior to the trip.
Revisions and Cancellations
Revisions and cancellations are only allowed up to 24 hours in advance of the ticket time. Adding tickets is based on availability. To submit a revision, please e-mail email@example.com, with a subject line stating: “Revision Request” or “Cancellation Request”. Please include your:
- Customer ID Number
- Order Number
- Contact Name
- Details regarding the revision/cancellation
There are three ways to pick up your tickets.
- E-tickets: Electronic tickets are emailed to you which you can then print out.
- Will Call: The group leader can pick up the tickets at the Will Call window on the day of the visit.
- Mail: Statue Cruises can ship the tickets to you for a nominal fee.