Preservation

Congratulations to the
Ebey's Reserve Preservation Grantees

The Trust Board of Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve along with the Washington State Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation (DAHP) is honored to announce the recipients of the Ebey's Reserve Preservation Grants:
 
Historic Buildings in Coupeville.
The Alexander Blockhouse (1855), owned by the Island County Historical Society and Museum received funding for work on the 1855 Alexander Blockhouse. Fort Casey State Park received funding for work on the Battery Worth Big Guns (1898 & 1968). The Benson Confectionary (1916) received funding for rehabilitation work on the windows and doors. The Captain Whidbey Inn (1907) received funding to replace the cedar shake roof on the historic inn.
 
Historic Buildings in Coupeville.
The Coupeville Cash Store (1886) received funding to rehabilitate the windows, replace failing siding, and for foundation work. The Coupeville Methodist Church (1894) received funding to rehabilitate the historic bell tower. The Coupeville Wharf (1905), owned by the Port of Coupeville received funding for structural stabilization, foundation work, and to replace the failing roof. The Haller House (1859 & 1866) owned by Historic Whidbey, received funding for the foundation, structural stabilization, and for rehabilitation work on the windows and doors.
 
Historic Buildings in Central Whidbey Island.

Photos courtesy of the Trust Board of Ebey's Reserve.

Pat's Place (1905) received a grant for structural stabilization and foundation work. Terry's Dryer (1897) received funding to re-paint the weathered facade, and for foundation/pier work. The Whidbey Mercantile (1860) will be receiving a new roof. The Zylstra House (1889) received funding for rehabilitation work on the historic windows and for a new roof.

In all, $980,000 was granted for these projects to preserve and protect the buildings as contributing structures in the National Historic District. The Ebey’s Reserve Preservation Grant is a program of the Washington State Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation (DAHP). Administration of the grant program is provided by the Trust Board of Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve by agreement with DAHP.
 

The 2020 Ebey's Forever Grant Application is now AVAILABLE.

Applications are due by 5:00pm, February 28, 2020 at the Trust Board office. Please the Trust Board for more information on the Ebey's Forever Grants at 360.678.6084 for more information on this preservation program.

Last updated: January 21, 2020

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

PO Box 774
Coupeville, WA 98239

Phone:

(360) 678-6084

Contact Us

Tools