If you are new to following the Denver Service Center (DSC) drafting standards, start by reading the Drafting Standards Checklist, the DSC CAD Standards guide, and the Director's Order 10A Reference Manual.
If you are creating drawing files, download and install the NPS AutoCAD Tools. They will provide you with a pull-down menu and toolbars in AutoCAD®, drawing templates, and give you access to DSC's sheet borders, standard symbols, and setup commands. For example, commands like DWIZ (dimension wizard) and TWIZ (text wizard) that setup dimension and text styles and conform to the DSC drafting standards. These commands, and more, are documented in the DSC CAD Standards guide.
If you have questions or problems, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The DSC CAD Standards guide (pdf) sets basic CAD standards to ensure consistent electronic deliverables for the NPS design and construction program. It provides guidance and procedures for preparing CAD products for the DSC that meet the necessary archival requirements. It also documents all standard files and customization that have been developed to support the DSC CAD program.
- RM 10A (pdf) is intended for NPS employees, joint agencies, and A/E contractors for use in preparation of NPS drawings. To produce archive-ready drawings, maintain uniformity of work and to facilitate review of both A/E submittals and NPS-generated products, these requirements should be met for all drawings. RM 10A includes specific information and graphic examples of drawing requirements.
- Directors Order (DO) 10A sets forth these basic requirements.
- Download and install the NPS AutoCAD Tools to access drawing setup commands, symbols, generic cover sheet borders, second sheet borders, linetypes, and much more. See the DSC CAD Standards guide (pdf) for documentation.
For AutoCAD 2000 - 2010
(This is a BETA version that supports 32-bit and 64-bit Windows. Your feedback is appreciated.)
- If you are using the NPS AutoCAD Tools, the drawing templates are installed by default to C:\[nps tools folder]\Proto folder. If you are not using the NPS AutoCAD Tools, you can download the drawing templates (.zip (.dwt)).
- Using AutoCAD 2000i's (or higher) restore layer state feature, these .las files will create/restore layer settings to the NPS standard. First, download one or more of the following files and unzip to access the corresponding .las file(s):
- Architectural (arch.las)
- Architectural Desktop (archdesktop.las)
- Civil Detail (civldetl.las)
- Civil Site (civlsite.las)
- Cover Sheet (cover.las)
- Cover Sheet (xref base) (covbase.las)
- Electrical (elec.las)
- Electrical Auxiliary (eleclasaux.las)
- Fire (fire.las)
- Landscape Architecture Detail (ladetl.las)
- Landscape Architecture Site (lasite.las)
- Mechanical (mech.las)
- Plumbing (plumb.las)
- Structural (struc.las)
- Survey (survey.las)
- To apply one of the .las files to your current drawing, in AutoCAD's Layer Properties window, click Restore state > Import, select the .las file and click Open. Highlight the new state name, then click Restore.
- Note: If you're using the drawing templates (above), no need to use these .las files.
- See Appendix A of the DSC CAD Standards guide (pdf) for a complete layer list.
- See the NPS Pen/Color reference chart. (This chart is also included in the DSC CAD Standards guide (pdf)).
- Pen Settings File (.ctb)
- Plotter: HP LaserJet 5, DesignJet 650/750 and many others.
- Color: Grayscale
- Scale: Use the "Scale Lineweights" feature in Plot/Page Setup.
- Note: The latest version of this file, revised 7/20/2001, will correctly plot the NPS mask objects.
- Download: NPS HP Grayscale.zip & unzip to access NPS_HP_Grayscale.ctb
- DSC uses several fonts that are not included with AutoCAD. Download and unzip NPS Fonts.zip and copy these fonts to the FONTS subfolder of your AutoCAD installation.
Questions or problems should be directed to email@example.com