Special Use Permits

A woman leading a tour group in front of a brick structure

What is a Special Use Permit?

If you are planning a short term event or activity in the park that is beyond the scope of what any visitor is planning you may need a permit. Special Park Use Permits are authorizations from the National Park Service that are required prior to short-term activities:

  • that take place in the park.

  • provide a benefit to an individual, group or organization, rather than the public at large.

  • require some degree of management control from the NPS (in order to protect park resources and the public interest).

  • are not prohibited by law or regulation.

Who needs a Special Use Permit?

Examples of activities that would require a written authorization from the park in the form of a special park use permit apply to individuals and groups depending on the impact of the event on the resource and staff. These might include (but are not limited to):

  • Weddings
  • First-amendment demonstration activities
  • Fishing tournament
  • Group activities (groups of 20 or more participants).

If you'd like to apply for a permit or have any questions, please contact the Permit Coordinator at 305-242-7734 or e-mail. The application can be accessed with a direct link below. (Please note there is an application fee for this permit)

Application for Special Use Permit - 10-930

Last updated: August 30, 2023

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

40001 SR-9336
Homestead, FL 33034


305 242-7700

Contact Us