We welcome guests to explore the park with their pets, but please keep the following in mind:
- Pets on all park grounds must be leashed at all times. This includes the Wright-Dunbar Interpretive Center, the Huffman Prairie Interpretive Center and the Paul Laurence Dunbar house.
- Pets are not permitted in any park buildings or structures. The only exception would be for service animals.
- Animals are allowed on trails and park grounds, but must be on a leash and and must be kept under physical control at all times.
- Pets should leave no traces, other than paw prints. Apply the principles of Leave No Trace when you visit any park or recreational area.
- Pet owners are responsible for clean up and proper disposal of feces left by their animal.
- Please be thoughtful of other guests at the park while exploring and enjoying the park with your pet.
If you have additional questions or concerns, please ask a ranger (either in an interpretive center or on the grounds) or contact the park.