Permits & Special Park Use

VTC Filming
Filming Along the Colonial Parkway

National Park Service photo

A special park use is a short-term activity that takes place in a park area and provides a benefit to an individual, group or organization, rather than the public at large. The National Park Service may permit a special park use providing the activity will not unduly interfere with normal park operations, cause derogation of the park's resources or values, or present a threat to public safety or property. Primary consideration will be given to potential resource damage and to anticipated disruption of normal public use.

Click on the desired link for further information and printable permit application forms (the applications are in Adobe PDF format and you must have Adobe Acrobat to print them).

Special Events (Ceremonies, Public Assemblies, Athletic Events, Filming, and Photography)

Permit Application Short
Permit Application Long
General Information

Filming and Photography
Filming Information


Permit for Vehicle/Watercraft Use

Completed applications should be submitted at least 30 days prior to the permit start date. Questions relating to special use permits may directed permit applications to the Protection Division:

William Collins

Phone: 757-856-1210

Fax: 757-898-6025

Protection Division
Colonial National Historical Park
P.O. Box 210
Yorktown, VA 23690

Last updated: March 31, 2021

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 210
Yorktown , VA 23690


(757) 898-3400

Contact Us