Commercial Use Authorization (CUA)
A Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) is a permit necessary to conduct business in the park in any way. Section 418 of the National Parks Omnibus Management Act of 1998, Public Law 105–391 (Section 418), authorizes (but does not require) the NPS, upon request, to issue commercial use authorizations (CUAs) to persons (referring to individuals, corporations and other entities) to provide commercial services to park visitors in limited circumstances. CUAs, although used to authorize commercial services to park visitors, are not concession contracts and are not transferable.
CUAs are intended to provide a simple means to authorize the provision of suitable commercial services to park visitors. The CUA legislation contains limited circumstances in that commercial services
- do not use fixed commercial facilities within a national park unit,
- the commercial activity originates and terminates outside the park area,
- no money changes hands on park lands, including park waters, and
- no commercial solicitation occurs on park lands, including park waters.
- Open the Commercial Use Authorization Instructions. (PDF, revised 03/16/2016)
- Open the Application for Commercial Use Authorization form. (PDF, revised 03/16/2016)
- Open the Conditions of This Authorization. (PDF, revised 03/16/2016)
Questions should be directed to the Special Park Uses Program Coordinator at 678-538-1200.