Castillo de San Marcos will begin taking school group reservations on June 24, 2022 for arrivals on or after Monday, August 1, 2022 on Rec.gov.
- Make reservations on Rec.gov.
- The maximum capacity for each school group tour is 38 people. Each one-hour tour will consist of 30 minutes exploring the exterior/30 minutes exploring the interior.
- Review the criteria for Academic Fee Waivers if you want to lead a Teacher-Led Tour.
- If you are looking for a virtual classroom experience, we have a virtual field trip, live distance learning, and other digital resources available. Please visit our Education page.
- Take the stress out of your field trip planning by reviewing the information below!
Option 1: Make the Most of Your Visit - Hire One of Our Partners!
Many local guide services have agreements in place with the National Park Service to offer guided field trips that are curriculum-based! Take the stress out of your trip by hiring a tour company to coordinate your trip. The company will provide you with a guided tour and handle reservations for you. Call a service from the list below for group rates and packages.
- Ancient City Tours | 904-827-0807
- Go West Tours | 415-837-0154
- Spyglass Travel | 904-599-3271
- Tour Saint Augustine | 904-825-0087
- Educational Tours | 352-344-3589
- See America Tours | 407-342-1569
- St Augustine Historical Tours (Old Town Trolley) | 904-829-3800
Option 2: Be Your Own Tour Guide
Visiting teacher-led means your students will tour the fort under your direction, instead of exploring with a licensed tour guide. To assist you in training chaperones, the park has regulations and content online under Teacher-Led School Groups. In addition to training your chaperones, you must apply for an Academic Fee Waiver and make a reservation on Rec.gov. As a busy historic site, a limited number of reservation slots are available. Reservations will be taken on a first-come, first-served process and can be made up to 1 year in advance.
Last updated: February 1, 2023