Welcome! The Castillo de San Marcos is a very popular destination for school field trips. In fact, approximately ten percent of our total visitation, or sixty thousand people, visit the Castillo every year as part of a school visit.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide Ranger-led educational tours which leaves two options: a self-guided field trip or a commercial guide field trip. We’ll discuss each below.
No matter how you visit, we ask that while your group is here you follow these rules. Click here.
If you have any questions or are planning to visit with a large group, please call 904-829-6506, x239 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Self-guided field trip:
- A reservation is required
- Reservations are first come, first served
- Reservations are very limited with approximately one per hour.
- Reservations are restricted to 36 people total, children and adults. Large groups will need to be scheduled over multiple reservations at different times during the day.
- You may request an academic fee waiver of the admission costs but you must first have a reservation. The application for the waiver will be sent with your reservation confirmation.
Commercial guide field trip:
- A reservation is required and must be made by the company that you have contracted with.
- Guide services must be provided by a company which is authorized to conduct business in the park. Please contact us at the phone number or e-mail link above for a current list of eligible companies.
- As a commercial tour, your group is not eligible for an academic fee waiver for admission costs.
Last updated: August 23, 2018