|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: B.G. Horvat, 252-838-8890
HARKERS ISLAND, NC – Cape Lookout National Seashore is one of the 2018 top attractions in North Carolina, according to the 10Best USA TODAY Reader’s Choice contest.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by the public via popular vote. Contest rules allowed the public the right to vote online for one nominee per category, per day. The 10 Best Readers’ Choice ward contest can be found at www.10Best.com.
The Top 10 winners in the category of ‘Best North Carolina Attraction’ are as follows:
- Mount Airy Main Street – Mount Airy
- Battleship North Carolina – Wilmington
- Biltmore Estate – Asheville
- Sarah P. Duke Gardens – Durham
- Grandfather Mountain
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- International Civil Rights Center & Museum – Greensboro
- Cape Lookout National Seashore – Harkers Island
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Corolla Wild Horses – Corolla
For more information on Cape Lookout National Seashore, including planning your own visit, special events, and activities, go to www.nps.gov/calo.