|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Wouter Ketel, 252-728-2250, ext. 3014
Harkers Island, NC –Cape Lookout National Seashore announced the beginning of its 2015 summer hiring process. Cape Lookout National Seashore hires 15 or more summer seasonal employees each year. Positions will be announced in the coming weeks at www.USAJobs.gov. Announcements are generally open 14-21 days so checking the site frequently is necessary. Applications must be completed online by the closing date of the announcement.
Positions may be part-time or full-time and are generally seasonal or temporary. For the 2015 Summer Season, the following positions may be available:
- Biological Science Technicians-monitors activity and takes actions to protect shorebirds, sea turtles, and other wildlife within the seashore.
- Park Rangers and Park Guides (Interpretation &Education)-works in the park's visitor centers and at the Cape Lookout National Seashore Lighthouse. They provide information to visitors and educational programs to groups.
- Visitor Use Assistants-works in the park's contact center and collect fees.
- Park Rangers (Law Enforcement)-protect both visitors and the park's assets.
- Maintenance Mechanic-repairs and maintains the park's outboard engines, heavy equipment, and vehicles.
- Maintenance Laborers-provide custodial duties for the park's facilities and general maintenance grounds work.
Look for these and U.S. Government jobs at www.USAJobs.gov and/or www.nps.gov/calo/parkmgmt/jobs.htm for Cape Lookout National Seashore current jobs. Anyone who desires help with the application process can contact Carteret Community College at (252) 222-6200 for information about the college's "Applications, Resumes, and More" class.