|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Wouter Ketel, 252-728-2250, ext. 3014
HARKERS ISLAND, NC – National Park Service staff from parks throughout the region arrived at Cape Lookout National Seashore last week in the continuing efforts to recover from Hurricane Arthur. Superintendent Pat Kenney is pleased with the progress being made; "having the additional staff arrive has really helped us move closer to getting the park fully operational again." Repairs and clean up continue in other areas of the park.
- Great Island Cabins 10, 16, 18 and 19
- Sound Side and Willow Pond Trails at the Harkers Island Visitor Center
Due to damages, safety concerns or resource protection needs, the following areas remain closed:
- Cabin Camps:
- Long Point Cabins 1, 2, 3, and 4
- Great Island Cabin 1
- People with cabin reservations will be contacted by recreation.gov. If you have questions or need additional information about cabin reservations or refunds, please call the Park Service at 252-728-2250, extension 3020.
- Cape Lookout Village Historic District
- Old Drum Inlet beach area
- North Core Banks for ¼ mile south of Ocracoke Inlet due to a deep tidal cut