|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Pat Kenney, 252-728-2250
Harkers Island, NC -- The National Park Service (NPS) has completed a preliminary impact assessment from Hurricane Arthur. Superintendent Pat Kenney stated "We appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation during Hurricane Arthur. We know everyone loves spending time at the Seashore on the Fourth of July and we are working to get the Seashore reopened.
Effective July 5, 2014, the following areas and services will resume:
- The Harkers Island and Beaufort Visitor Centers will open at 9 a.m.
- Passenger ferry service provided by Island Express Ferry Service will resume out of Harkers Island and Beaufort starting at 8 a.m.
- Shackleford Banks will be open for day use. No camping will be permitted.
- Camping will be permitted on Core Banks in limited areas.
- Lighthouse climbs will begin at noon. Tickets are available on a first come, first served basis at the Light Station Visitor Center.
- Off-road Vehicles will be permitted to operate on limited areas of Core Banks beginning at noon. Vehicle ferries departing from Davis and Atlantic will resume operations at noon.
- Power Squadron Spit will reopen to pedestrians at noon.
- Portsmouth Village will reopen.
- Cape Village Historic District
- Great Island Cabins and Long Point Cabins