Special Park Uses

The Special Use Permit (SUP) program authorizes activities that provide benefit to an individual, group or organization, rather than the public at large; and that require written authorization and some management control in order to protect park resources and the public interest. Examples include special events, still photography, commercial filming, weddings, scattering of ashes, First Amendment activities, agricultural permits and right-of-way (ROW) easements.

Special Use Permits are granted for specific periods of time and specific locations. Certain cost recovery, fees and insurance requirements may apply.

Permit Application Procedure
Requests for a permit application, park specific conditions, or additional information may be made through park headquarters via telephone, email or letter. A completed application and the non-refundable application fee are required before an application can be processed. Park information is:

Commercial Services Office

Call:(870) 365-2724/(870) 365-2702

Buffalo National River

FAX: 870-365-2799

402 N. Walnut St., Suite 136

Website: www.nps.gov/buff

Harrison, AR 72601

e-mail us

Last updated: April 22, 2023

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

402 N. Walnut Street
Suite 136

Harrison, AR 72601


870 439-2502

Contact Us