(f) The following is a compilation of those activities for which a permit from the superintendent is required:
§1.5(d) The following activities related to Public Use Limits:
- Special events (36 CFR, § 2.50);
- Public assemblies or demonstrations, including First Amendment activities, with groups of greater than 25 people or that wish to occur outside of areas specifically designated for public expression of views (36 CFR, § 2.51);
- Sale or distribution of printed matter with groups of greater than 25 people or that wish to occur outside of areas specifically designated for public expression of views (36 CFR, § 2.52);
- Launching, landing, or operating an unmanned aircraft from or on lands and waters administered by the National Park Service within the boundaries of Buffalo National River is prohibited except as approved in writing by the Superintendent.
§2.4(d) Carry or possess a weapon, trap, or net
Possessing and utilizing a trap is prohibited except as approved in writing by the Superintendent.
§2.4(f) The carrying or possessing of a weapon, trap or net in violation of applicable Federal and State laws is prohibited.
§2.5(a) Specimen collection (Take of plant, fish, wildlife, rocks or minerals)
§2.12 Audio Disturbances:
(a)(2)0perating a chain saw in developed areas
(a)(3) Operation of any type of portable motor or engine, or device powered by a portable motor or engine in non-developed areas
(a)(4) Operation of a public address system in connection with a public gathering or special event
§2.17 Aircraft & Air Delivery:
(a)(3) Delivery or retrieval of a person or object by parachute, helicopter or other airborne means
(c) (1) Removal of a downed aircraft
§2.23(b) The following special recreation activities (per 36 CFR Part 71):
A fee is required to reserve and/or use pavilions except Lost Valley.
Use, possess, store, transport explosives, blasting agents
Use or possess fireworks
§2.50(a) Conduct a sports event, pageant, regatta, public spectator attraction, entertainment, ceremony, and similar events
§2.51(a) Public assemblies, meetings, gatherings, demonstrations, parades and other public expressions of views with greater than 25 people or that wish to occur outside of areas specifically designated.
§2.52(c) Sale or distribution of printed matter that is not solely commercial advertising
§2.60(b) Livestock Use
§2.61(a) Residing on federal lands
(a) Erection of monuments (Requires approval from Regional Director);
(b) Scattering ashes from human cremation;
The scattering of human ashes from cremation, without a permit, is allowed under the following terms and conditions:
- The remains to be scattered must have been cremated and pulverized.
- The scattering of remains by persons on the ground is to be performed at least 100 yards from any trail, road, developed facility, or body of water.
- The scattering of remains from the air is to be performed at a minimum altitude of 2000 feet above the ground.
- No scattering of remains from the air is to be performed over developed areas, facilities, or bodies of water
§4.11(a) Exceeding established vehicle load, weight and size limits
§5.1 Advertisements - (Display, posting or distribution.)
§5.3 Engaging in or soliciting any business (Requires a permit, contract or other written agreement with the United States, or must be pursuant to special regulations).