Permits & Reservations

No permit is required to enter the preserve; however, we do issue various permits based on the activities you are planning to conduct in the preserve. Obtain all permits that apply for your activity.

Commercial Use Activities

A business or an individual must obtain either a Concession Contract or a Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) prior to conducting any commercial activity in Bering Land Bridge National Preserve.

These contracts and permits are issued and administered by the National Park Service (NPS).To request a CUA please visit our Commercial Use Authorization Page.

Information on Commercial Filming and Photography - UPDATED Feb. 23, 2021

The National Park Service (NPS) policies allow filming and photography when it is consistent with the protection and public enjoyment of park resources, and when the activities assist in the NPS fulfilling its mission. Commercial filming and still photography activities may not harm natural, cultural, wilderness, or recreational resources and cannot conflict with the public's normal use and enjoyment of the park. Please visit our Commercial Filming and Photography page for more information.

Special Use Permits

A catch-all category including but not limited to activities such as special assemblies, athletic events or races, temporary access requests, first amendment activities, groups with 12 or more participants, etc. Please visit our Special Use Permits page for more information.

Research Permits

Information that scientists gather can play an important role not only in how Bering Land Bridge National Preserve is managed, but also in how we address some of the greater issues that face our planet. Please visit our Research Permit page for more information


Reservations are not required for any areas or activities within the preserve, except for organized groups. If you are traveling in an organized group (i.e. nonprofit, educational, commercial, guided, etc.) please contact the preserve several months before your travel dates for permit requirements and group size limits.


Drone Use:

Launching, landing, or operating of drones (i.e., unmanned aircraft) from or on lands and waters administered by the National Park Service is prohibited except as approved in writing by the superintendent.

Last updated: February 24, 2021

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 220

Nome , AK 99762


800 471-2352
Due to the pandemic, most of our employees are working from home with limited office hours, we are unable to answer our phones on a regular basis, but are checking voicemail two times a week. Please leave a detailed message with your name and number and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Contact Us

Stay Connected