All buses MUST park at the amphitheater parking lot at Juniper Campground after unloading their passengers at the Visitor Center (click here for parking maps).
Buses may remain no longer than 10 minutes, and idle no longer than 5 minutes, at the Visitor Center while loading or unloading passengers.
Because the Visitor Center and bus parking area are three miles apart, drivers, tour guides, and passengers should be aware of the following:
- Groups and drivers must pre-arrange a pick-up time for the bus to return to the Visitor Center.
- Passengers should remove from the bus any items they might want during their visit in Frijoles Canyon.
- Groups bringing lunches should contact the Visitor Center staff for storage options.
- Bus drivers should be self-sufficient at the amphitheater parking area. Restrooms are available nearby in the campground.
- Buses may NOT idle in the amphitheater parking lot.
- Buses may NOT use the dump station.
- School groups may not have more than one bus, and/or a total of 65 students in the park at one time. Groups with permission to have more than 1 bus must stagger their arrival and departure time by 10-15 minutes.
- In the event of an emergency that necessitates leaving before the pre-arranged time, the group leader should contact the Visitor Center. If staffing permits, an attempt will be made to get a message to the bus driver.
For maps related to bus parking and dropping off of passengers click here.