Completed in 1902, the Bunker Hill Lodge has undergone many repairs and replacements. The lighting in the statuary hall, for example, originally incorporated beautiful medallions set into the ceiling. Later, these medallions were covered and/or replaced with modern fixtures and exposed metal raceways. Work has now completed to restore this original electrical lighting plan, using molds from surviving medallions to create replacements. After being test-fitted, these replacements have been installed in the Bunker Hill Lodge. See image gallery below for additional photos.
To learn about other ongoing preservation and restoration work at the National Parks of Boston, visit our Preservation webpage.