"Interpretation for Archeologists: A Guide to Increasing Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities" may be cited as:
Moyer, Teresa S., Heather A. Hembrey, and Barbara J. Little
2004 (rev. 2018) "Interpretation for Archeologists: A Guide to Increasing Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities." Archeology Program, National Park Service, Washington, DC.
- Heather Hembrey, National Council for Preservation Education
- Barbara Little, Archeology Program, NPS National Center for Cultural Resources
- Teresa Moyer, National Council for Preservation Education and National Park Service
Layout and Design
- Everett Lindsay, National Conference of State Historic Preservation Officers
- Matt Burns, National Conference of State Historic Preservation Officers and National Park Service
A number of colleagues provided very useful comments to earlier drafts of this guide, including: David Larsen, Becky Lacomb, Joy Beasley, John Beck, Mark Blackburn, Audrey Brown, Gail W. Brown, S. Terry Childs, Matthew Cochran, Helen Fairley, Megg Heath, Ann Johnson, Bruce Jones, Tony Knapp, Maureen Malloy, Francis P. McManamon, Justin S. Patton, Stephen R. Potter, Matthew Reeves, Mark Schoepfle, Paul Schuster, Erika Martin Seibert, Paul A. Shackel, and Robert Sutton. Amanda Chen copyedited the updated version.
Special thanks to David Larsen for sharing his work, especially the pre-publication draft of Meaningful Interpretation: How to Connect Hearts and Minds to Places, Objects, and Other Resources.
For More Information
Contact the NPS Chief Archeologist at nps_chiefarcheologist(at)nps.gov.