Portions of this chapter were adapted from:
- Flanagan, Joseph
- 1999 Imagining Lowry: A Puebloan Village Rises in Cyberspace. The Future of Public Archeology, Common Ground, Winter.
- Fudge, Robert
- What’s the Big Idea? Thematic Interpretation.
- Lewis, Ann-Eliza H. and Brona G. Simon
- 1999 Mining the Big Dig: Tapping the Education Potential of Boston's Central Artery Project. The Future of Public Archeology, Common Ground, Winter.
- National Park Service
- n.d. Compelling Stories Workbook. National Park Service, Department of the Interior.
- McHargue, Georgess
- 1998 “Great Expectations: The Public Interpretation Program for the Central Artery/Tunnel Project.” Historical Archaeology, 32 (3): 19-23.
- Schlereth, Thomas
- 1996 Artifacts and the American Past. AltaMira, Walnut Creek.
- Uunila, Kirsti
- 2003 Sukeek’s Cabin: Archaeology, A Family’s Story, and Building Community. In Archaeologists and Local Communities: Partners in Exploring the Past, edited by Linda Derry and Maureen Malloy, pp.31-44. Society for American Archaeology, Washington D.C.